Saturday

Bible Study Fellowship Share Night 2014

Every year, BSF's final night of gathering is about sharing how the study has affected you. I love to listen to wormen's stories! They get healed, they get inspired, they get reformed, they get Jesus.

I had something I wanted to share. There were plenty of opportunities to segue into my story for the year. There were plenty of times my heart was pounding so loud in my chest, I thought for sure my neighbor heard it. But I just couldn't get in front of that crowd of strangers, stand in for of the mic, and NOT cry. So I didn't.

I should have. When it was all over, and was driving home in my Mini Cooper, I felt so disappointed.

The whole way home, and even the next day, and even today, I know that I missed out on an opportunity to glorify God. Oh, He was glorified. But not by me.

Like the disciples in Gethsemane who slept rather than prayed, my silence robbed me of the opportunity to strengthen others and glorify God.

No comments:

Post a Comment