Friday

Unexplainable


The missing Malaysian airliner MH370 is a horrible story. It’s sad, it’s tragic, it’s scary, it’s unfortunate, but at its best it is unexplainable.

I pray for the victims, for families of victims, and for all the bystanders relying on technology to provide answers.

I think that what the human race really needs at this moment is to NOT know.

I think that what the human race really needs at this moment is to realize that technology cannot be trusted.

I think that what the human race needs to know at this time is that there is something bigger than us.

In an age when we know everything and we know it faster, relying on our own knowledge and understanding is not the final answer.

I think that what the human race really needs to know at this time is that God is in control. 

Isaiah 45:6-7 That people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things. 

Romans 1:20 “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.”

Right now is not about what happened to the Malaysian Airliner, but that humans need Jesus.

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Relying on ourselves and relying on our technology and relying even on other humans doesn’t get us where we are trying to go.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 

The inability to explain what happened to MH370 and all the people aboard gives me hope, because God is infinitely smarter and bigger and has a much better plan for me than any computer or news reporter ever could.

Unexplainable, sometimes, is the best we can hope for.

Additional verses:
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 

Isaiah 55:8-11 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. 

Job 12:10 In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind. 

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

Genesis 50:20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment