Saturday

For about a week, the Verse of the Day app on my phone has given me a verse that really speaks to me.

8/12/2011 Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

This verse was the first verse to hit home in many many months. I think it was because it's saying that NO MATTER WHAT, I am still God and you are still my daughter. I will ALWAYS be here for you, even though you put me away on a shelf in the storage shed for months at a time.

8/13/2011 2 Thessalonians 3:5 May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.

Chris and I had been fighting, and this verse reminded me that I should love like Christ. Love first. And maybe if I gave God a little more attention, loving would come easier.

8/14/2011 1 Corinthians 13:13 So now faith, hope and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Just in case I missed the message about love yesterday...

8/15/2011 James 3:7-9 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God.

Oh, tongue. You little devil. I had realized the evening prior that the way I treat people is not necessarily loving...I lack the ability to communicate my exact revelation to you, but if you've ever dealt with a person who is constantly correcting you, bossing you around and/or irritated with your sheer stupidity, then you've probably experienced a conversation or two with me.

8/16/2011 Romans 5:3-5 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope and hope does not put us to shame because God's love has poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

These verses are some of the most powerful in the Bible to me. On this day, "...hope does not put us to shame..." is the part I needed. Continuing to try, to believe I can be an amazing wife, mother, friend, etc WILL pay off in the end. Do not give up trying to be the best you can be, even though it feels like you often fail. Even though it feels like no one appreciates your efforts. Even though your reward is decades away in Heaven, endure.

8/17/2011 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

I saw someone I do not particularly like, but my Verse of the Day app was right there to remind me that God created this person (and probably put her in my life for a reason).

8/19/2011 Revelation 4:11 Worthy are you, our Lord and God to receive glory and honor and power for you created all things and by your will they existed and were created.

And the week finished off with a verse that just reminds me that the Lord God IS Almighty.

It's not that I have ignored God, I just don't make Him a priority. I'm still torn between being gung-ho for Him and forgetting all about Him...

I still pray, I still thank Him, I still try to abide by His guidelines, I still serve others in the hope that they will see His Glory. I just don't evangelize, I don't go to church, I don't read my Bible (who has time with a six-year-old, a five-month-old, a sixteen-year-old, a cat that pees all over the house, a cat that pukes all over the house and a husband?!). And truthfully, I don't really seek His will for my life.

I believe it's all a sign to attend BSF for the study of Acts in 2011-2012. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I am leaning in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment